- SSP's processing plants produce the versatile Starch from Corn, Cassava, Potato & Rice
Starch can be produced from various starch containing materials like maize, cassava / Tapioca roots, potatoes, wheat, rice etc.
Being a pure renewable natural polymer starch has many applications. In fact starch has become an important material for the sweetening industry, which was otherwise relying upon sugar cane and beet sugar.
The most common uses of starch are in the following industries:
- Food industries as glucose, dextrose, fructose, sorbitol, maltodextrin as filler and sweetener
- Paper industry for sizing, pulp making & surfacing
- Textile industry for pointing & finishing.
- Ceramic Industry as binder
- Adhesive & Abrasive industry as major ingredient.
- Rubber industry as filler.